To connect the robot to the Open Roberta Lab via USB cable you need specific software. The Open Roberta USB software is available for different operating systems (OS). Follow the instructions below for the operating system installed on your PC.
Download the latest installation file OpenRobertaUSBSetupDE_x.y.z.msi under this link, x, y and z form the version number, e.g. 1.0.0.
Look for the installation program "OpenRobertaUSBSetupDE_x.y.z.msi" in your download folder. The folder in which your downloaded files are stored depends on the settings of your browser, mostly it is the folder "Downloads" in your user directory.
Double click with the mouse on the file "OpenRobertaUSBSetupDE_x.y.z.msi" to start the installation program.
During the installation you have to agree by clicking on "yes" or "continue" in some places. With a Windows 7 operating system you can follow the installation as shown in the pictures:e
After the installation you will find a shortcut to "Open Roberta USB" in the start menu and on your desktop. Double click on it to start the program.
- Download the latest installation file OpenRobertaUSBLinux_x_y_z.tar.gz under this link, x, y and z form the version number, e.g. 1.0.0
- Search for " OpenRobertaUSBLinux_x_y_z.tar.gz" in your download directory.
- Extract the contents and remember the directory with the extracted data.
Start the installation with the script install.sh in a terminal, navigate to the directory where the unpacked installer package is located and start the installation with
- After the installation you will find the program OpenRobertaUSB in the apps.
Mac OS X
- Download the latest installation file OpenRobertaUSBMacOSX_x_y_z.pkg under this link, x, y and z form the version number, e.g. 1.0.0
- Search "OpenRobertaUSBMacOSX_x_y_z.pkg" in your download directory.
- Right click on the file and select "Open with installation program".
- During the installation you have to agree in some places by clicking on "yes" or "continue".
- After the installation you will find the program "OpenRobertaUSB" in Apps. Start the program with a double click.