In order to program your mBot with the Open Roberta Lab®, you must first establish a connection between the mBot and the Open Roberta Lab. To do this, simply follow the instructions below:
1. Assemble the mBot
In order to use the mBot, you have to assemble it first. This sounds more complicated than it is and your mBot comes with detailed instructions. Just follow these instructions and you should have your mBot assembled in no time.
2. Installation of the Open Roberta Connector
In the next step you need a special program so that an mBot can communicate with the Open Roberta Lab. To install the program, you can follow these instructions.
3. Connect the mBot to the Open Roberta Lab
Now follows the actual connection between the Lab and your mBot. For this you simply follow the instructions below. Each step is illustrated by a screenshot.
- Start the Open Roberta Connector.
- Plug the included USB cable first into the mBot and then into your computer. It may take a short time until the connector finds your robot, because sometimes drivers for the robot have to be installed.
- The connector has found your mBot, it is ready to connect.
- You can now press "Connect"»Connect«. The connector will then generate a so-called "token" »token« for your mBot to establish a secure connection to the Open Roberta Lab.
- Now you have to copy this token and enter it in the Open Roberta Lab under the menu item "connect"»connect«.
- Now the connection is established. If everything worked, the robot icon in the upper left corner will look like this: